Supporting local youth work organisations to bring about positive change to the quality of youth work delivery based on assessed need and a strength based approach to planning and delivery.
Available For up to 3 years
Funding size Up to £150,000 per annum
Application deadline Stage 1: 3rd September 2020 @ 4pm
Application deadline Stage 2: 30th October 2020 @ 4pm
* Subject to Department of Education review
Regional Strategic Funding Guidance & Information
All Regional Voluntary Youth Organisations registered with the Education Authority Youth Service, with proven track record of supporting EA registered local youth organisations in the delivery of quality youth work are eligible to apply.
We want to support Regional Voluntary Youth Organisations who will bring about positive change to the quality of local youth work delivery. This will be achieved through providing funding for;
- Governance; support for local youth organisations and their management committees
- Curriculum; support for local youth organisations in the development of their programme of youth work activities and projects
- Representation and Collaboration; to work with and represent member organisations
- Workforce Development; support member organisations in relation their staff, staff training and development
- Safeguarding & Child Protection; support member organisations to ensure they are appropriately trained in safeguarding and child protection practices
- Quality Assurance; support member organisations to provide high quality reflective youth work practice with effective quality assurance processes
- Youth Work Outcomes; support member organisations to report effectively on Engagement Framework and Outcomes Framework
All Funding Will Be Based On;
- Assessed need as identified in the Regional Assessment of Need and Regional Youth Development Plan
- Strength-based approaches to youth work and the development of programmes and projects that will be positive and build resilience in young people.
When Will This Funding Be Available?
Specifications will be publicly advertised on the EA website in the month of April 2020. There will be availability of up to 3 years funding with an annual maximum of up to £150,000. This is subject to ongoing review in collaboration with the Department of Education.
What Can I Use This Funding For?
You can use this funding for core costs associated with the following;
- Staffing Salaries
- Programme Development
How Do I Apply For This Funding?
How Will I Account For The Funding?
You will be required to complete:
- An Income and Expenditure form by 30th April 2021
- EA Financial Verification
- EA Target Monitor on agreed outcomes
- EA Moderation
Application Form Questions
Please Click Here to download the Assessment Criteria for responses for application form questions
Please see specification document. Contained within each section of the specification is an assessment criteria.
Please Click here to download a copy of the Guidance notes for Regional Strategic Funding Specification submissions.
Applicants will be required in Stage Two of the application process to provide a Delivery Plan outlining how they will deliver the specification outputs. Below we have provided a copy of this template. This template will be automatically emailed to organisations successful at stage one when you are invited to the stage two process.