This document outlines the terms and conditions for the use of funding allocated to Local Voluntary Youth Organisations in receipt of Generic/Non-Targeted Funding. All organisations are required to follow the terms and conditions outlined in this guidance when spending or using Education Authority funds.
The Education Authority reserves the right to withhold any or all of the payments and/or require the unit to repay part or all of the funding, if, in the opinion of the Education Authority, there is substantial or material change in the nature, scale or timing of the programme, or if the funding is used for purposes other than those specified.
This guide is also available in PDF format, click the button below to download:
Table of Contents
Generic/Non-Targeted Funding is paid in full up front for each application made per annum.
Approved Use of Funding
Funding provided can be used to support the programme costs for your organisation. This is to cover costs such as:
- Transport Costs
- Accreditation Costs
- Food and Refreshments for the programme or event (not at a profit to children and young people and underpinned by healthy eating)
- Programme materials linked to the activity
- Entrance Fees/Activity Costs Associated with the programme
- Residential Costs
- Hire of Premises for events or programmes
- Printing Costs for Materials Associated with the programme
Funding cannot be used to:
- Fund tuck shops
- Payment of OR contribution to Membership Fees either internal or external to the organisation
Any proposals to use this funding outside the areas noted above should be discussed with an EA funding support and assurance officer by email to email@example.com.
Overheads Funding can be used to cover the operational costs for the period and activities associated with the annual funding period. This includes:
- Premises/Activity Provider Insurance to deliver the work
- Rented accommodation OR contribution to the rent for the Delivery of Services
- Administration e.g. stationery, postage, telephone
Overhead funding cannot be used for repair, refreshment or maintenance required for building or any fixed plant or equipment therein. Such areas of work are the responsibility of the organisation and not the Education Authority or covered by the funding provided under Generic/Non-Targeted.
As outlined in the terms of the scheme, Generic/Non-Targeted funding is for organisations operated solely by volunteers and as such the funding allocated cannot be used to pay for staffing or salaries.
Capital Cost Items
Funding is allocated from the EA Youth Service “Revenue” budget and as such the funding can not be used to purchase “Capital” cost items. This capital restriction applies to;
- Information Communication Technology (ICT) equipment costing £201 or more per item
- Computer Software or Software Licencing (Intangibles) costing £1,001 or more per item/licence
- Equipment costing £1,001 or more per item
Information Communication Technology Equipment
This is items defined as:
- Computers (Desktop or Laptop)
- Tablet Devices (iPads, Tablet PC’s)
- Components for ICT Equipment such as replacement internal hard drives
- Peripherals such as Printers, Scanners, Photocopiers and portable memory
- Network equipment such as Wi-Fi Access Points, Network Switches or Routers
Computer Software or Software Licensing
This is items defined as:
- Subscriptions to software
- Purchase of perpetual licenced software
- Purchase of subcriptions to online services
This is items defined as:
- Audio Visual Equipment such as Cameras, Camcorders, Data Projectors, Lights and all accessories associated with such equipment
- Sports and lesiure equipment
- Furniture and Fittings
In additional to Capital Cost restrictions the funding provided can not be used for the following items:
- Redundancy Payments
- Legal Fees or Costs
- Consultancy Services or Fees, either 3rd party or from within the organisation
- Payment of or Contribution to Membership fees with internal or external organisations either for staff or on the behalf of children and young people
- Repairs to Furniture or Equipment or Fixed Plant Equipment
- Building Maintenance Works or Repairs
- Donations and/or Gifts
Unspent Funding at Year End
All funding not spent under the scheme reported through your income and expenditure returns at the end of each financial year must be returned to the Education Authority. Funding cannot be transferred to the following year.
Where underspends are identified on your units I & E Return the EA Youth Service will raise an invoice to request the return of any funds not spent. Directions on how to make payment will be provided on the Invoice.
Receipts & Vouching Process
Depending on the total level of funding organisations receive across all funding opportunities you have been successful in, you will be required to comply with the receipting and vouching process outlined below. More details regarding the Vouching and associated verification process can be accessed here.
|Total Annual Funding Awarded||Level of Receipting and Vouching|
Up to £2,999 Per Annum
£3,000 to £29,999 Per Annum
£30,000 or more per annum
Failure to facilitate this process will result in your funding being withheld or withdrawn. All original documentation must be retained for a period of seven years in accordance with statutory regulations.